Thursday, December 15, 2011

Aerial Silk



Jewella Deville
Fall is finally here in SoCal.   It's cold now, but just a month ago it was still summer.   October found me at the Roller Derby with my girl, and teammates watching a really good 'Screamage'.  Here are some photos of the event...


working the snack table


Gearing up

working the crowd

 Derby is a very fun and exciting sport.  Challenging and exhausting to learn.  This scrimmage I sat out and played photographer.

Come the spring though I plan on joining my fellow teammates out there on the track.    This is why I have taken up Aerial Silk acrobatics to build strength.  So much fun too!  Here I am sliding down the ribbons gracefully.



This is harder than it looks.  I of course am a natural at it.  I know I make it look easy...



and practicing in a  very large pointe shoe...





         
I think this must be the worlds largest pair of pointe shioes, they had them on display... so I posed for a picture.

















I know.  It's no derby skating.   But it's been a whole lot of fun!

No comments: