Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Queen of Music

Do you remember when you fell in love with music?  I do.  It was in the 80's, the first time I heard Pat Benatar singing Heartbreaker.  One of my all time favorite songs.



Last night Lil E took me to see Pat Benatar at the Pacific Ampitheatre.  I couldn't believe it was the first time I'd ever gone to see Pat Benatar.  I couldn't believe this since I have loved her music since I was a girl.  I'm sure it wont be the last time I see her
                             perform live.

It was a small show, in an outdoor ampitheater at the Orange County Fair.  It was a beautiful cool night.  Lil E and I shared a cotton candy.  It was a sweet evening, made even sweeter by seeing the interaction of Pat and her husband Neil (the guitarist).  They are celebrating 30 years of marriage!

Needless to say the music was fabulous, man Pat can still sing!  And her husband Neil 'Spider' Geraldo can really play, guess I'd never noticed that before.  It was a moving show, almost moving me to tears with the intro and the playing of Hell is for Children.




They recounted how and when it was written and how they vowed to play it at every show until every child is safe.  wow.  It's really nice to see people caring about others in the best way they know how.  They did also dedicate a song to all the troops serving all over the world.

It felt like a really special show, with a lot of moments of their love, humanity and passion showing.  I fell in love with them all over again!

Rock on Pat and Spider!  Rock on everyone!!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I don't know a lot about her but I do know I love her voice! Love is a Battlefield is my favorite PB song. :-)