Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saying Goodbye

My final days in Boston sadly have come and gone.  Here are some parting shots and memories of my trip.  Saying goodbye has never come easy to me.  Alas it is time to go home.  I do have a family waiting for me.  So here are some final pics of my adventures in Boston along with some parting thoughts.  


The baby hawk 
There was this baby hawk.  When we first saw him he was sitting on this bench.  He stayed for about 20 minutes and let us photograph him.

Later that day we sat and watched him learning how to fly for hours.  Farewell beautiful Hawk.

Ricks class




This picture was taken in one of the classes I had the pleasure of sitting in on.  This was Rick's class on Dystopian fiction.  Honestly it was a little frightening, but a very good class.  My sis and I left a little creeped out...


Goodbye Rick and all my new writer friends...




 On the final day before graduation I went for a walk to find a local monastery.  I did indeed find it.  This is the cat I sat outside and talked to for the better part of an hour.  Goodbye sweet cat.




My Sis graduated!  Here is Me, Suz and Cindy
After the graduation we posed for pictures.  Here is the graduate herself Suzanne Deshchidn, and the charming Cindy Zelman.












And this is the vivacious Jacquelyn Brown and I.  She graduates next year!  Goodbye Cindy, and Jacque...


After the graduation the poets all went to one final dinner.  Theresa and I are engaged in the conversation.  And here I am with the sprightly Golda Solomon.  She almost moved me to tears with her sadness at parting from all her new friends.  


 Goodbye sweet Theresa, goodbye brilliant Golda oh and there's Kate too, goodbye wise Kate.

After the graduation we drove back to New York where my sis lives.  We walked and talked and sat by the river.  Goodbye river....


All in all it was a lovely adventure.  I enjoyed myself immensely, made lots of new friends, and had some time to myself to really think about life.


I miss all my new writer friends!  And hope to see you all again soon.

1 comment:

siouxsiepoet said...

it was fun, wasn't it?